Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Warm Wood and White Walls in a BlackHouse

I was browsing through the notes on my laptop when I came across a linked I saved 2 years ago of a house featured on design sponge. I don't remember why I liked this house tour, but I thought I would share it with you. I think it has something to do with this house having all the elements of my dream house I never knew I liked.

Normally I'm not a big fan of different colored couched in the same living room but here I like the grey and turquoise mix because of the different textures.



I love that this couple have memories all over their home, mainly from their honeymoon, bed spreads, towels, rugs. I'd love to bring stuff from my travels to decorate my house. And I'm a total sucker for a wall full of pictures with different frames.

The owner of the house has a line of wood furniture he's selling so you can see some of his pieces in the house, like the coffee table. The mix of white walls and wood essences makes the whole house seem so warm and inviting, something I want for my house too.

 Noticed the tiles?
They even have a speakeasy but this is not my favorite part of the house (although it has some advantages).

When I see a veranda like this I imagine myself watching a summer rain from behind the windows. Incidentally the couch looks a lot like ours. My dream house has a veranda and...

...a California style pool.
And this is the house from outside. I never considered a dark tone for a house but in the end, why not, the inside is so warm and inviting and that is what matters.

Hope you like my choice and do check out the original post on design sponge, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Materialele disponibile pe acest blog sunt publicate sub licenţă Atribuire-Necomercial-Fără Opere Derivate 3.0 România Creative Commons.